Dental Implants are the leading replacements for a missing tooth or teeth.
An implant is a titanium pin that is used to replace your tooth root. An evaluation by your dentist is needed to determine if you are an implant candidate. The implant procedure is completed in one visit and usually is quick and painless. Once the implant is placed and allowed to heal, the final restoration of your tooth can be completed. There are a variety of devices that we can attach to implants. A single implant and implant crown usually is the preferred method to replace one missing tooth. Treatment can include implant bridges and also implant supported dentures. Implants allow dentures to snap directly on to an implant allowing increased stability, most of the time we can use your current denture and a new one does not have to be made.
Dental Implants have many benefits;
• Functions almost identical to natural teeth
• Helps preserve facial structure
• Aids in chewing to help reduce malnutrition
• Easy to clean and care for
• Typically will last patient their entire life with proper care
To schedule an appointment CLICK HERE OR Call Now 813.870.0480
Dr. Mitra Campbell is an experienced implant dentist and will be happy to explain how a dental implant or implants can help restore your smile and chewing function.
Dental Implants are today’s leading way to replace one or more missing teeth. Long term, they can be less expensive than bridges and removable dentures that need replacement. And they have numerous advantages. Through financing, they are more affordable than you may have realized.
An implant is a titanium pin that is used to replace your tooth root. On this pin, a prosthetic tooth is anchored. The prosthetic tooth will reliably function like a healthy natural tooth and look exactly like a real one.
An evaluation by your dentist is needed to determine if your are a good candidate for an implant. The implant procedure is completed in one visit and is usually quick and painless. Once the implant is placed and your jawbone is allowed to heal around it, the final restoration of your tooth can be completed.
If you are missing more than one tooth next to each other, a dental bridge can be anchored on an implant. Full dentures can also be supported on implants, which means they are snapped on to implanted pins and fixed in place, giving you increased stability. It’s often possible to reuse a current denture and not make a new one.
Consider the advantages of dental implants.
- Implanted prosthetic teeth function like natural teeth.
- Because they are fixed in place, you can eat all foods you enjoy and speak without concern for a bridge or denture slipping.
- Because they stimulate the jawbone, they help preserve bone and support your facial structure, slowing down the appearance of aging.
- They are easy to clean and care for, as you will brush and floss them, like you do your natural teeth.
- Unlike bridges and dentures, with proper care, they typically last a lifetime.
- Because the implant replaces a tooth root, it keeps the roots of other teeth from drifting into the empty space, preserving your tooth alignment and bite.
Call us for your free implant consultation. Let’s get started exploring what is possible for you, dentistry that will give you a confident smile. Call Modern Dental Care of Tampa at 813-870-0480.